Having represented Bedford residents for over two decades as a local councillor and MP, my passion for improving the lives of people in my community is tireless.
So much good work being destroyed by this Conservative-LibDem government — with many of the cuts and damage yet to come. Bedford and Kempston deserve an MP who will stand up for local residents on the issues that matter most.
As your MP, I will…
- support an economic policy focused on growth and jobs, especially fighting for Bedford and Kempston to be a vital beneficiary of a forward-looking economic strategy
- promote the importance of training in order to raise skill levels — and hence attract investment and better paid jobs
- campaign for the completion of the bypass — having helped deliver Phase 1
- work with those boosting the town centre
- call for a National Care Service
- support a comprehensive approach to education and health, in stark contrast to the coalition's damaging policies that threaten to break up our schools and NHS
- expose the dangerous folly of this government’s 20% police cuts
- argue for continued investment in our railways to reduce congestion