BEDFORD & KEMPSTON LABOUR PARTY CALL UPON PRIME MINISTER TO FUND THE NHS PROPERLY NOW
It was a busy day at our Labour Party "Care for the NHS" street stall in Bedford today. Members spoke with passersby about the worrying situation the NHS is in and invited them to sign the petition.
There is tremendous support and people are actually queuing to sign the petition calling on Theresa May to give the NHS the funding it needs now.
- Under the Tories our NHS is underfunded and understaffed
- Around 3.9 million people on waiting lists
- 1.8 million people wait four hours or more in A&E
- One in four patients have to wait a week or more to see their GP
- Social care is approaching a 'tipping point' according to the regulator